AOL Mail is a free web-based email service that can be accessed on both webmail and email clients. If you are getting the AOL mail 502 bad gateway while accessing your AOL Mail account, there are several checks that you need to perform in order to fix the error. The first thing you have to do is refresh the page or close all the browser windows and start a new session. If the problem persists, follow the quick steps mentioned below.
Solution 1: Clear The Cache & Delete Your Cookies
- Step 1 : If you are usingthe Google Chrome browser, click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon at the top-right corner.
- Step 2 : Next, select the More Tools option and click on Clear Browsing Data .
- Step 3 : Also, you can press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys to open the Clear browsing data screen on Windows.
- Step 4 : To delete the whole browsing history, select the ‘the beginning of time’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5 : Select the Browsing history checkbox and Cookies and other site and plugin data as well.
- Step 6 : Also, select your download history, cookies, and browser cache.
- Step 7 : At last, click theClear browsing data button to clear the cache and delete the browser cookies.
- Step 8 : This will fix the AOL Mail 502 bad gateway error. If the problem persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Change DNS Servers
- Step 1 : On your Windows computer, right-click the network icon in the system tray and select the Open Network and Sharing Center
Step 2 : In the pop-up window, click on Change adapter settings available at the top-left corner.
Step 3 : In the Network Connections window, right-click on your network adapter and select the Properties option from the context menu.
Step 4 : Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and click the Properties
Step 5 : In the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window, select the Use the following DNS server addresses
Step 6 : Type the IP addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server
Step 7 : Click OK to change the DNS servers.
Step 8 : Now, launch the default browser and log in to your AOL Mail to check if the AOL mail 502 bad gateway error has been resolved.