AOL is the most used email service around the world. Like any other email service provider, AOL also allows its users to send and receive emails using an email client. Outlook is a highly efficient email client and it is loved and used by many people for their personal and business mailing needs. The AOL Mail account can be configured with the Outlook application easily and quickly. However, the recent AOL Mail update has affected users who are using their AOL account with the Outlook email client. If you also find that your AOL Mail not working with Outlook, then continue reading this page to know how to fix it.
Updating The Aol Mail Account Settings On Outlook
Before performing the advanced methods to fix the AOL Mail not working in Outlook issue, update the AOL email settings on Outlook. You need to do this task because the recent update might have changed your account settings.
For Outlook 2007
- Step 1:Launch the Outlook 2007 application.
- Step 2:Go to the Tools menu.
- Step 3:Select the Account Settings option.
- Step 4:From the account list, choose your AOL Mail account.
- Step 5:Now, locate and click on the Change button.
- Step 6:Select More Settings to configure the account settings correctly.
- Step 7:Go to the tab named Outgoing Server. Check if the My outgoing server (SMTP requires authentication) option is selected. If not, select it and go to the Advanced tab.
- Step 8:Now, type your AOL Mail account’s incoming server settings correctly in the given fields.
- Step 9:After entering the account settings correctly, check if the AOL Mail account is working properly on Outlook. If yes, then the issue is resolved.
Some common issues related to your AOL Mail not working with Outlook are listed below.
Outlook keeps asking me for a password
If the Outlook application keeps prompting you to enter your AOL mail account password while performing the account setup, then first, check whether you have entered the password correctly.
- Step 1:Re-enter the password if you have entered the incorrect one.
- Step 2:Make sure that the Caps Lock feature is turned off on your computer’s keyboard.
- Step 3:If you’re prompted to provide the password even after entering it correctly, then check whether you’ve entered the correct user name in the given field.
- Step 4:If not, re-enter the correct username and password and try to sign in.
Unable to send emails
If AOL mail not working with outlook and you are unable to send an email message, then perform the following instructions to fix it.
- Step 1:On the main screen of the Outlook application, click on the Send/Receive option.
- Step 2:Select the Work Offline option followed by Outbox.
- Step 3:Now, choose the emails that are stuck or have failed to be sent successfully and delete them. To do so, select the message and tap the Delete button on your computer’s keyboard.
- Step 4:If “Outlook is trying to transmit the message” is displayed on the screen, then re-launch the Outlook application on your computer.
- Step 5:After the Outlook application re-launches, try to select the stuck emails once again.
- Step 6:Once you have selected all the stuck emails, try to resend them.
Unable to receive emails
- Step 1:Similarly, if you are unable to receive emails on your AOL Mail account, first check whether the Work Offline mode is enabled on the Outlook application. If yes, disable it. Check to make sure that the computer or device on which you are using the Outlook application is connected to an active Internet connection. Make sure that your AOL Mail account settings are configured correctly in the Outlook application.
To know more about fixing the AOL mail not working with Outlook issue, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.