Comcast is an email service provider that allows you to access your email account via IMAP and SMTP servers. You can easily configure your Comcast email account in any of the email clients. On this page, you’re going to see the Comcast email settings for Gmail.
The incoming and outgoing server settings of Comcast are listed below:
Account type: IMAP
Server name: imap.comcast.net
Port number: 993
SSL: Yes, required
Account type: SMTP
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Port number: 587 (SMTP)
SSL Encryption: Checked
Authentication: Your Comcast email account’s username and password
Now, let’s see how to configure your Comcast email account for Gmail in detail.
- Step 1:Launch the Gmail app on your smartphone/computer and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Step 2:Tap/click on the Gear icon.
- Step 3:Go to the Account & Import tab.
- Step 4:Enter your Comcast email address and tap/click on the Next button.
- Step 5:Then, type your Comcast email account’s password in the respective field.
- Step 6:Now, Gmail will auto-detect your Comcast email account’s server settings.
- Step 7:Once the settings are detected, click or tap on the Add Account button.
- Step 8:When prompted, select a display name of your choice.
- Step 9:Click or tap Next.
- Step 10:Now, if you want to save the sent emails to be displayed in the Sent folder alone, select the Treat as an Alias check box.
- Step 11:Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the Comcast email account configuration in Gmail.
- Step 12:When prompted, enter your Comcast account in the respective field and click on the Add Account button.
- Step 13:Now, you will receive a code on your Comcast email account. Log in to your Comcast email account and use the code for verification.
- Step 14:Once the email account is configured, send a test email to check whether the account configuration is done correctly.
- Step 15:If you receive the test email successfully, it signifies that the account is correctly configured.
To know more about the Comcast email settings for Gmail, contact us.