The connect error 10060 Outlook 2010 error code occurs due to the following reasons.
- 1: Corrupted installation of the Microsoft Outlook software.
- 2: Accidental deletion of the files related to Microsoft Outlook software.
- 3: Incorrect email settings.
- 4: Firewall security.
- 5: Outdated system software.
- 6: Corrupted Windows registry.
The following instructions can be performed to resolve the Connect 10060 error code on the Outlook 2010 application:
- Step 1: On the Microsoft Outlook 2010 application, open the Internet Email Settings dialog window.
- Step 2: After clicking the Outgoing Server tab, check if the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ option is selected.
- Step 3: Also while solving connect error 10060 Outlook 2010, ensure that the hostname of the incoming and outgoing mail servers are correct.
- Step 4: Try to send an email. Check if the 10060 error code is resolved.
- Step 5: If not, continue with the following steps.
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, enter ‘firewall’ in the search box and then select the Windows Firewall option from the displayed search result.
- Step 2: If prompted, type the administrator password.
- Step 3: Go to the Private Network Settings section and select the radio button beside the ‘Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)’ option while solving connect error 10060 Outlook 2010 error code.
- Step 4: Navigate to the Public Network Settings section, select the radio button next to the ‘Turn off Windows Firewall’ option, and click the OK button.
- Step 5: If required, use any antivirus software to remove all the viruses and malware from the Windows computer.
Cleaning System Junks:
- Step 1: The Run dialog box can be opened by pressing the Win and R keys at the same time.
- Step 2: Once you enter ‘Temp’ without the single quotes in the Open field, you will see a list of temporary files on the screen.
- Step 3: Select all the temporary files and click the Delete button.
Re-Installing the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Application:
- Step 1: If all the above-mentioned steps did not resolve the problem, try to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Outlook 2010 application on the Windows computer.
- Step 2: If you have any queries, click the Call button provided below. Our technical experts will assist you in resolving the connect error 10060 Outlook 2010 issue.