If you are getting eM client error messages, identify what the error message indicates and find the reason for the error. If you are getting server connection errors, access the application later so that the error can be fixed automatically.
Go through the quick steps given on this page to fix certain error messages on eM client.
Case 1: Error With The Server Connection
- Step 1: If you wish to get rid of these simple error messages, click the Menu tab in the eM Client app.
- Step 2: Select the Settings option followed by General in the drop-down list.
- Step 3: In the Operations window, deselect the Show window when an error occurs checkbox.
- Step 4: If you cannot send or receive emails, ensure that you have configured the correct server settings.
- Step 5: For Gmail users, allow eM Client to access your Gmail contacts and email messages.
- Step 6: Ensure that you have enabled the Allow less secure apps: ON option on your Gmail account.
- Step 7: This will fix the error messages related to server connection.
Case 2: Error Indicating That Your Database Is Corrupted
- Step 1 : When you get this error message in eM Client, restore your data from the backup. To do so, click the Menu button and then select the File option followed by Restore from the drop-down list.
- Step 2 : If you cannot open eM Client to restore the backup data, start a new database.
- Step 3 : To begin with the new database, you have to turn off the eM Client app and rename the database folder.
- Step 4 : Next, open the File Explorer on your Windows computer and navigate to the ‘C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eM Client’ file path.
- Step 5 : After renaming the eM Client database folder, open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del shortcut keys.
- Step 6 : Check for tasks similar toexe or eM Client in the Processes tab and end them by clicking the End Task or End Processes button.
- Step 7 : Relaunch the app and check if the eM Client error messages have been resolved.