eM Clientis a Windows-based desktop app that can manage multiple web-based email accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL Mail, and Outlook.com. If your Gmail email account configured in the eM Client app fails to log in or fetch your emails with the ‘Connection Failed’ error message, follow the eM client Gmail connection failed troubleshooting steps given below to fix the error.
Solution 1: Enable the Allow Less secure apps option
- Step 1: On your computer, close the eM Client app if you have already opened it.
- Step 2: Next, launch the default browser and navigate to the official Gmail Sign-in page.
- Step 3: Log in to your Gmail account and navigate to the left-side panel to click the Security tab.
- Step 4: Scroll down the page to the Less secure apps section and click the slider next to the option Allow less secure apps to turn it ON. This will fix the eM Client-Gmail connection failed issue.
- Step 5: Now, log out from your Gmail account and launch the eM Client app on your computer.
- Step 6: Check if Gmail worksproperly by sending a test email.
- Step 7: If the eM client Gmail connection failed problem persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Check the Gmail server settings in eM Client
- Step 1 : Before starting, ensure that you have enabled the IMAP or POP access on your Gmail account.
- Step 2 : Next, launch the eM Client app and click the Menu button at the top-left corner.
- Step 3 : Select Tools -> Accounts .
- Step 4 : Choose your Gmail account from the left-side panel and go to the SMTP tab.
- Step 5 : Check whether you have correctly entered the outgoing mail server name in the Host field and server port in the Port field.
- Step 6 : Verify that the Server requires authenticationcheckbox is selected.
- Step 7 : Go to the IMAP tab if you have configured an IMAP account.
- Step 8 : Otherwise, go to the POP tab.
- Step 9 : Check if you have correctly entered the port number and incoming mail server names in the required fields.
- Step 10 : Click OK to save the settings.
- Step 11 : Try sending a test email from your Gmail account configured in the eM Client app.
- Step 12 : If the eM client Gmail connection failed error reappears in eM Client, remove and reconfigure the Gmail account.