Accessing Rule Wizard:
- Step 1: On your computer, launch the eM Client app by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Step 2: Click the Menu tab and select the Tools option followed by Rules from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: In the Rules window, click the New rule tab from the right-side panel to access the Rule Wizard.
Selecting A Basic Rule Template:
- Step 1: A rule consists of four parts: invocation condition, condition, action, and exception. You should decide whether a rule is to be invoked when a mail is received or sent. eM Client provides seven basic rules for you to choose from for eM Client junk mail settings. Below are the available rule templates.
- Step 2: Move messages from someone to a folder
- Step 3: Move messages with defined words in subject to a folder
- Step 4: Move messages with defined words in body to a folder
- Step 5: Move spam messages to Spam folder
- Step 6: Set category for messages from somebody
- Step 7: Apply custom rule on messages I receive
- Step 8: Apply custom rule on messages I send
- Step 9: After selecting a rule, click Next. If necessary, you can add additional conditions to trigger the rule when needed while configuring eM Client junk mail settings.
Selecting Actions For The Rule:
- Step 1: You should define the actions taken for the rule you are creating for eM Client’s junk mail settings. For example, if you create a rule to move messages from someone to a folder, you should select the action to delete or copy the message to a folder. Below are the actions provided by eM Client in the Rule Wizard window.
- Step 2: Move to folder
- Step 3: Copy to folder
- Step 4: Delete mail
- Step 5: Permanently delete mail
- Step 6: Forward to people
- Step 7: Forward to people as attachment
- Step 8: Mark message as read
- Step 9: Stop processing other rules
- Step 10: Click the Next button after choosing an action for your rule. You can also specify or change the actions for the selected rule in the Rule preview section while configuring eM Client junk mail settings. Next, proceed with adding exceptions for your rule.
Defining Exceptions For The Rule:
In case you wish to have exceptions for the rule you are creating in eM Client, you can define them in the Rule wizard. When the mail is received in your inbox, the created rule will check the conditions and then takes action. If it comes under exceptions, the rule will not be invoked by your eM Client’s junk mail settings. Once you have created the rule, click Next and give a name for the rule. Finally, select Finish to save the rule.
Applying The Rule:
- Step 1: Once you have successfully created the rule, select the Apply rule option in the Rules explorer window.
- Step 2: Also, specify the rule and select the Junk E-mail folder.
- Step 3: Click OK and select Run to execute the rule on the Junk E-mail folder.
- Step 4: Alternatively, you can apply the rule by right-clicking the Junk E-mail folder and selecting the Apply Rule option.
- Step 5: You have now seen the eM Client junk mail settings.