Step 1 - Check your Internet connection
- Step 1:You can’t send/receive emails if your iPhone does not connect to the Internet.
- Step 2:You have to connect the iPhone either to a cellular network or Wi-Fi network.
- Step 3:To connect to a cellular network, open the Settings app. Tap the Cellular option and turn on the Cellular Data toggle.
- Step 4:If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi network, select the Wi-Fi option on the Settings screen. Turn on the Wi-Fi toggle, choose your network's name, and enter the network password.
- Step 5:Note: Ensure that the Airplane Mode feature is turned off.
- Step 6:Continue with the following steps if the GMX mail not working on iPhone persists.
Step 2 - Restart the Mail app
On iPhone X and newer versions:
- Step 1:Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2:Once you see the multitasking view, swipe the Mail app up to the top of the screen.
- Step 3:Return to iPhone's home screen and relaunch the Mail app.
Step 3 - Restart your iPhone
- Step 1:On your iPhone, hold the Side (Power) and Volume down buttons together.
- Step 2:Release both the buttons once you see the power off slider on the screen.
- Step 3:To shut down the iPhone, move the slider from left to right.
- Step 4:After 30 seconds, hold the Side (Power) button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Step 5:Mostly, this will resolve the issue. Still, if the GMX mail not working on iPhone, proceed with the following steps.
Step 4 - Update iOS
- Step 1:Tap the General option on the Settings screen and select the Software Update option.
- Step 2:Wait until the iPhone checks for an update. If it is available, select the Download and Install option.
- Step 3:If prompted for a passcode, enter it.
- Step 4:Once you tap the Install Now option, iOS will be updated. Once done, the iPhone restarts automatically.
- Step 5:Check if the GMX mail not working on iPhone has been resolved.
Step 5 - Re-add your GMX Mail account
- Step 1:Tap the Passwords & Accounts option on the Settings screen.
- Step 2:Choose the GMX Mail account and tap Delete Account -> Delete Account.
- Step 3:After deleting your email account, go back to the Passwords & Accounts screen.
- Step 4:Tap Add Account -> Other -> Add Mail Account.
- Step 5:Enter your necessary information. On the New Account screen, fill all the required fields with the following details.
- Step 6:Incoming Mail Server Host Name - imap.gmx.com
- Step 7:Outgoing Mail Server Host Name - smtp.gmx.com
- Step 8:Username - Your GMX Mail address
- Step 9:Password - Your GMX Mail password
- Step 10:Once you tap Next, continue with the on-screen steps to finish the email setup.
- Step 11:Still, if the GMX mail not working on iPhone, click the Call button to get our support members' assistance.