To access the emails from your Hotmail account, you can use POP3 as the incoming server and SMTP as the outgoing server. The details of the Hotmail Incoming and Outgoing servers to setup and configure Hotmail POP3 SMTP server in Outlook are given below.
Hotmail POP3 Incoming server:
Hotmail SMTP Outgoing server:
|| 587 or 465
Proceed with the steps below to set up the POP3 Hotmail account in Outlook.
Step 1: Enable POP in Hotmail
First, before setting up your POP3 Hotmail account in Outlook, you must enable POP in Hotmail. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Open your Hotmail account using a web browser on your computer.
- Step 2: Click the Settings icon and then select Options to setup Hotmail POP3 SMTP server in Outlook.
- Step 3: Now, select the POP and IMAP option under the Accounts tab.
- Step 4: In the POP and IMAP window, select the Yes radio button under the POP options.
- Step 5: Finally, click the Save option.
- Step 6: Click the toggle at the right end to allow access to less secure applications.
Step 2: Configure POP3 account in Outlook 2013
Follow the instructions below to configure your Hotmail account using POP3 in Outlook 2013.
- Step 1: Launch Outlook 2013 on your computer.
- Step 2: Click the File menu and then select the Add Account option to configure Hotmail POP3 SMTP server in Outlook.
- Step 3: In the Add Account Setup window, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click the Next button.
- Step 4: In the Choose Service window, select the POP or IMAP option and click Next. This will take you to the POP and IMAP Account Settings window.
- Step 5: Now, type your name, email address, and the email password in the appropriate fields for User Information and Logon Information.
- Step 6: In the Server Information sections, select POP3 as the Account Type.
- Step 7: Enter the Incoming mail server as pop3.live.com.
- Step 8: Similarly, enter the Outgoing mail server as smtp.live.com.
- Step 9: Click the More Settings button at the lower-right corner of the window to configure Hotmail POP3 SMTP server in Outlook.
- Step 10: Go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ checkbox.
- Step 11: Click the Advanced tab. Enter 995 as the Incoming server Port. Enter 587 as the Outgoing server Port.
- Step 12: Also, select the encrypted connection as TLS.
- Step 13: Then click the OK button. It will take you back to the POP and IMAP Account Settings window.
- Step 14: Click the Next button.
- Step 15: The Add Account wizard will run a test for the connections.
- Step 16: This will configure your Hotmail POP3 SMTP server in Outlook 2013.