The main reasons include:
- Step 1:The mail host may not contain POP3 service in a running state.
- Step 2:Confirm that the POP3 server address is entered correctly. Make sure whether this issue occurs with the other email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook Express by connecting them to the same POP3 server.
- Step 3:The Antivirus/Firewall application installed on the device might not be allowing the WebMail to connect to the POP3 server.
- Step 4:On following how do i fix Pop3 server error, Try to configure the firewall/antivirus to let WebMail send/receive messages through POP3/SMTP (25 and 110 ports). To check if the problem has occurred due to Firewall/Antivirus, try to disable it temporarily for test purpose. Then reinstall it and check if the issue is resolved.
- Step 5:There are many smart antiviruses/firewalls containing whitelists that include well-known software such as Outlook Express. Due to this reason, the whitelisted software might be allowed to connect to POP3/SMTP servers but not with WebMail. If such a list is supported in your Firewall/Antivirus, then add AfterLogic WebMail there. Doing this might resolve the issue.
If the issue persists, try to configure the POP3 port.
Steps To Configure Correct POP3 Port:
- Step 1:Go to Outlook and click on Tools. Now, click on Email Accounts.
- Step 2:Choose View or change existing e-mail accounts. Select Next.
- Step 3:Tap on the account type POP/SMTP (Default) and choose Change.
- Step 4:Select More Settings.
- Step 5:Choose Advanced.
- Step 6:Confirm that the SSL is not used. Also, ensure that the POP3 port number is 110 (default). Choose Ok.
- Step 7:In the upcoming window, choose Next and tap on Finish.
After configuring the POP3 server settings, check whether the POP3 server error has been resolved.
If the problem persists, then call us at the Toll-free number. Our technical team will guide you on how to fix POP3 server error.