You can configure your POP account in Zoho mail in two ways:
- Using password authentication
- Using OAuth Authentication
The section below explains how to add POP account to Zoho mail using password authentication and OAuth authentication.
Method 1: Using Password Authentication
Before you configure your POP account using password authentication, you need to make sure that the Mail server supports the POP3 protocol.
Configuring Incoming Server
- Step 1: Navigate to the Zoho mail account login page.
- Step 2: Sign in to your Zoho mail account.
- Step 3: Click the Settings option.
- Step 4: Go to the Mail Accounts section.
- Step 5: Choose Add Mail Account > POP3 > Zoho or Other.
- Step 6: Now, type your account’s email address, account name, default email address, and reply to email details in the corresponding fields.
- Step 7: Click the Incoming tab.
- Step 8: Enter the POP3 details such as server hostname, port number, encryption, and authentication in the corresponding fields.
- Step 9: Now, your POP3 details will be verified by the Zoho mail.
- Step 10: Once it is done, you’ll be asked to enter your account’s SMTP details.
- Step 11: In the Outgoing dialog box, click the checkbox beside the Use Custom SMTP server option.
- Step 12: Enter the SMTP server’s hostname, port number, and encryption details in the corresponding fields.
- Step 13: Enable the Authentication option.
- Step 14: Click the Use same as incoming credentials option.
- Step 15: Recheck the entered details and click Save.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your POP account in Zoho Mail.
Now, let’s see how to add POP account in Zoho mail.
Method 2: Adding POP Account Using OAuth Authentication
Compared to the first method, this one is easy to configure your account. The OAuth authentication doesn’t require a password to access your account.
- Step 1:Sign in to your Zoho mail account.
- Step 2:Go to the Settings section followed by Mail Account.
- Step 3:Click the Add Mail Account option followed by POP3.
- Step 4:Select the mail account provider as Zoho.
- Step 5:Perform the on-screen instructions to add your POP account.
- Step 6:Once done, your account is ready to use.
To know more about how to add POP account in Zoho mail, contact us.