When you have set up the email account using the IMAP setting on the Thunderbird client, then the mails get stored in the mail server so that you can access the mails in the mail account from any number of devices. Eventually, the mail server gets full and runs out of space to store any more mails. Therefore, move the emails to another folder on the account and delete the emails on the mail server. Follow the given how to backup thunderbird imap email steps to backup the emails on a Thunderbird email account;
- Step 1: Open the Thunderbird application on the computer.
- Step 2: Next, right-click on the Local Folders on the left side panel and select New folder.
- Step 3: In the New Folder window, enter a name to the new folder and click the Create Folder button.
- Step 4: Now, log in to the IMAP email account that you are using.
- Step 5: Open the folder which has the emails that you have to backup and proceed with how to backup thunderbird imap email steps.
- Step 6: Select the emails in the folder. After that, right-click and choose Move.
- Step 7: Open the new folder that you created. Right click and select Paste.
- Step 8: By completing how to backup thunderbird imap email steps, The IMAP removes the emails from the mail server. The emails are saved on the computer.