The other option for changing the password is,
- Step 1:Click the File tab in the Outlook application.
- Step 2:Proceed in clicking Account Settings and Account Setting.
- Step 3:The email account field will open with a list of tabs, click on the email tab.
- Step 4:You can choose the email for which you want to change the password; click the Change button just on top of the option.
- Step 5:You will now open the Change account window on the screen,
- Step 6:You will see the logon information and the IMAP settings in the window.
- Step 7:You can crosscheck to see if the entered data are relevant and the same.
- Step 8:In the logon information section, you will see the password field.
- Step 9:Click on the field to change your password and click the checkbox next to the Remember the password option. Click Next.
- Step 1:You will face the issue if you have the "two-Step Verification" enabled on your Outlook.
- Step 2:Two-Step Verification is functional because it gives out a better security for your account.
- Step 3:When the Two-Step verification is turned on, the server will expect your regular password, and the code for"Two-Step Verification."
- Step 4:Since you can enter only one password when trying to set up your account, it keeps failing and gives an error.
How to check if Two-Step verification (TSV) is turned on for your account:
- Step 1:In your mail’s top-right corner, you will see your name, click on it.
- Step 2:You should see options such as available, invisible, edit profile, account settings, and logout.
- Step 3:Click on account settings. A new page opens, re-verify your password.
- Step 4:Under security and privacy, you should see "Manage advanced security."
- Step 5:Scroll down until you see Two-step verification.
- Step 6:If your account is protected by two-step verification, turn it off.