- Step 1:On the Windows computer, open the default web browser and then go to the official AOL login page.
- Step 2:If you see the error code 420 and you can’t log in to your account, follow the steps given here.
- Step 3:Make sure that your browser is updated; if your web browser is outdated, you will see the error message on the AOL login page.
- Step 4:Use another browser and check if the same error code appears.
- Step 5: If you can log in to the AOL email account using the alternate browser, the problem is with the default browser. So, update your default browser and try logging into your AOL email account again.
- Step 6:If you see the same error code on the default web browser, your system might have been attacked by a virus or malware.
Continue reading the below methods to know how to fix aol mail error code 420.
Method 2: System File Checker:
- Step 1:In case your computer is affected by a virus, that might be the reason why you can’t log in to the AOL email account. And, it shows the same 420 error code.
- Step 2:To clear the virus on the Windows computer, click the Start button and then type “cmd” in the search box.
- Step 3:In the best match list, right-click on the Command Prompt app and then choose Run as administrator.
- Step 4:If the User Account Control screen prompts, click Yes to continue.
- Step 5:Now, in the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and then press the Enter key.
- Step 6:Now, the scan process starts and finds the virus-affected files on the computer.
- Step 7:It will automatically delete the virus from the computer and you just have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 8:Wait until the scanning process completes.
- Step 9:Once the process is over, open the web browser again and go to the AOL login page.
- Step 10:If you can sign in to your AOL email account, it means that the error code 420 is cleared; if not, try the next method to solve the aol mail unused error code 420.
Method 3: Steps To Update Windows:
- Step 1:Make sure that your Windows computer is connected to an active network through a wired or wireless connection.
- Step 2:On the computer, click the Start icon and then click the Settings icon.
- Step 3:In the Settings window, locate and select Update & Security.
- Step 4:The computer automatically checks for the latest update; if an update is available, click Install now.
- Step 5:Wait patiently for a few moments until the update is complete.
- Step 6:Restart your Windows computer.
- Step 7:Again, go to the AOL sign-in page and check for the error code on the browser screen.
- Step 8:If there is no error code on the screen, the issue is cleared on the Windows computer.
- Step 9:Now, you can sign in to your AOL email account.
Now you have seen how to fix AOL mail error code 420. To get more assistance on resolving the error, CALL our experts.