You might get an error message after configuring your iCloud Mail account on the Windows 10 Mail application due to various reasons.
Follow these troubleshooting steps if iCloud Mail is not working on Windows 10.
- Step 1:Check if your Windows 10 computer is connected to the Internet.
- Step 2:
Ensure that the antivirus/firewall program installed on your Windows 10 computer is not interfering with the iCloud Mail account setup. If so, disable it temporarily. If required, remove the antivirus program from the program.
- Step 3:
Check if the error has been resolved. If not, proceed further.
Add your iCloud Mail account
If you have already enabled two-step verification in your iCloud Mail account, you have to use the app-specific password instead of your iCloud email address in the Password field to log in while configuring your email account.
Follow the steps to generate the app-specific password and configure the iCloud Mail account in the Windows 10 Mail app.
- Step 1 : Open a browser on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 2 : Access your iCloud Mail account using yourApple ID and password.
- Step 3 : Note: When prompted, enter the verification code you receive on your iPhone.
- Step 4 : Navigate to the Security section and click Edit .
- Step 5 : Select the Generate Password option under the App-Specific Passwords
- Step 6 : Type Windows 10 Mail app and click the Create
- Step 7 : Note down the generated app-specific password and click Done . You can even copy it.
- Step 8 : Continue with the following steps to resolve the “iCloud Mail not working” issueon Windows 10.
- Step 9 : Launch Windows Mail , click the cog icon, and select the Manage accounts option.
- Step 10 : Choose your iCloud Mail
- Step 11 : Enter the app-specific password and click the Save
- Step 12 : Still, if iCloud Mail is not working on Windows, you can seek assistance from our technical experts.