Outlook IMAP Not Receiving Emails
When you are not receiving emails on your Outlook email, remove and add the email account again by performing the steps mentioned here.
STEP 1 - DELETING YOUR OUTLOOK EMAIL ACCOUNT
- Step 1:Open the Outlook 2016 application on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:Select the Account Settings option from the Account Settings drop-down menu.
- Step 3:Once you choose the email that you need to delete, click the Remove button. Click the Yes button for confirmation when you see the prompt message window.
STEP 2 - ADDING OUTLOOK EMAIL ACCOUNT AGAIN
- Step 1:In the main window of the Outlook application, click the File tab followed by the Add Account button.
- Step 2:Now, the new window appears on the screen.
- Step 3:Click the radio button next to the Manual Setup Or Additional Server Types option and then click the Next button.
- Step 4:In the Choose Service window, click the radio button beside the IMAP option and click the Next button.
- Step 5:Now, you can see the IMAP Account Settings window on the screen.
- Step 6:Fill the required information with the correct details mentioned here.
- Step 1:Your Name - your email account name
- Step 2:Email Address - your full email address
- Step 1:Account Type - IMAP
- Step 2:Incoming Mail Server - imap-mail.outlook.com
- Step 3:Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Step 1:User Name - your email account user name
- Step 2:Password - your email account password
- Step 3:Once you complete the required settings, click the More Settings button to open the Internet E-mail Settings window.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 5:Click the radio button beside the ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ option.
- Step 6:Go to the Advanced tab. Navigate to the Server Port Numbers section.
- Step 7:Type 993 in the Incoming Server (IMAP) field if you have selected SSL from the ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ drop-down menu.
- Step 8:Click the OK button followed by the Close button to finish the IMAP configuration.
Receiving Duplicate Emails In Outlook IMAP
The common problem that occurs with Outlook is receiving duplicate emails. Carry out the easy solutions provided below to stop receiving duplicate copies of an email message.
- Step 1:Right-click the taskbar and then click the Start Task Manager option.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Processes tab and select the Image Name column.
- Step 3:Check if only one executable Outlook file is displayed in the Processes list.
- Step 4:If two Outlook.exe files are listed, right-click the additional Outlook.exe file and select the End Task option.
- Step 5:When the confirmation window prompts on the screen, click the Yes button.
- Step 1:Remove the checkbox next to the Retrieve new emails automatically upon startup option.
- Step 1:Try increasing the inbox update frequency to 15-30 minutes. Go to the Send and Receive section, and change the period under Define Send or Receive Groups.