Step 1: Mail Activity:
- Step 1:If the sender has sent the email with large attachments, you can view the mail activity to check whether the Mac Mail application is trying to retrieve the email message.
- Step 2:Start the Mac Mail application and then click the Window option followed by the Activity option.
- Step 3:When the Activity dialog window appears on the screen, you will see the progress of the Mac Mail activities.
Step 2: Filters:
- Step 1:Sometimes, the filters in the message list might prevent the received email from being displayed in the Inbox folder.
- Step 2:Customize the filter settings for resolving Mac mail not receiving emails issue.
- Step 3:Click the Filter option on the main page of the Mac Mail application, select the Unread option, and choose the appropriate filter.
- Step 4:Check if you can see the email message from the sender.
Step 3: Search For Emails:
- Step 1:Try to search for the email using the keyword or filters.
Step 4: Disabling Offline Account:
- Step 1:Launch the Mail application on your Mac computer, click the Mailbox tab, and choose the Take All Accounts Online option.
- Step 2:If you have configured multiple accounts on the Mail application, go to the Mailbox tab and select the Online Status option followed by the Take (account) Online option.
- Step 3:If you cannot change the email account status from offline to online, check if you have a stable internet connection while solving Mac mail not receiving emails issue.
- Step 4:If needed, troubleshoot internet connection issues.
Step 5: Blocked Emails:
- Step 1:You might have blocked the emails from the sender previously.
- Step 2:Check if the email address of the sender is on the block list.
- Step 3:If so, unblock it as per the instructions given here.
- Step 4:Go to the Mail menu, select the Preferences option, and click the Junk Mail option followed by the Blocked option.
- Step 5:Select the sender’s email address that you wish to unblock and remove it from the Blocked list by clicking the Remove or minus icon.
Step 6: Quit the Mac Mail application:
- Step 1:Press the Option, Command, and Esc keys together on the keyboard.
- Step 2:Alternatively, choose the Force Quit option from the Apple menu to solve Mac mail not receiving emails issue.
- Step 3:This will open the Force Quit Applications dialog window on the screen.
- Step 4:Select the Mail application and click the Force Quit option.
- Step 5:Once done, relaunch the Mac Mail application.
Step 7: Mail Server Settings:
- Step 1:On the main interface of the Mac Mail application, go to the Mail menu and choose the Preferences option.
- Step 2:Click the Accounts option followed by the Server Settings option.
- Step 3:Check if the server settings of your email account are correct. If not, change them.
- Step 4:If you need assistance in resolving the Mac Mail not receiving emails problem, click the Call button provided on this web page to contact our technical experts.