The appearance of the Outbox usually occurs in two scenarios:
- Step 1: If you are working in offline mode.
- Step 2: If you have a connection issue.
You will see that the Outbox vanishes once your email is sent to the intended recipient. You have to look into a couple of things to make sure that the email stuck in the Outbox is properly sent to your recipient.
Check the email address:
In case the email address of your recipient is wrong, then the email server on the recipient’s side cannot deliver your email to the intended recipient. To avoid this situation, do the following:
- Step 1: Perform a double-check to confirm that you have filled in the recipient’s email address correctly.
- Step 2: After confirming that you have entered the email address correctly, try to send your email again.
- Step 3: If you find that your email is still stuck in the Outbox, then you will have to check your connections. You might be facing a connection issue.
- Step 4: By using these steps we can execute how to fix mail stuck in outbox Mac.
Check your Mac Mail settings:
- Step 1: If you have not entered the correct details in your Account Settings section in Mac Mail, you might face a connection problem. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Step 2: In your Mac Mail, navigate to the Mail heading.
- Step 3: Select the Preferences option.
- Step 4: Now, go to Accounts.
- Step 5: You would have obtained some documentation from your Email Service Provider. Verify the Mail settings with this documentation to make sure that you have filled in the correct details.
Perform a check on your internet connection:
- Step 1: In case your computer is not connected to the internet, there are chances that your email might get stuck in the Outbox. So, check your internet connection.
- Step 2: First, navigate to the System Preferences panel.
- Step 3: Next, click Network.
- Step 4: Check the left side of your Network box. See if you can find a green light under Wi-Fi or Ethernet (whichever internet connection you are using).
- Step 5: In case you are able to find the green light, then no issues.
- Step 6: But, if you see a red light, it shows that you are not connected to your internet.
- Step 7: Therefore, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to report the issue.
- Step 8: Check with your ISP and find out whether the internet connection issue is only temporary.
Check with your Email Service Provider:
- Step 1: Some Email Service Providers like Yahoo, AOL, or iCloud are different from your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Step 2: If you find that the email in the Outbox has not been sent even after an extended period, you have to contact your Email Service Provider. Check with them and see if there is an issue with their servers.
- Step 3: If your Email Service Providers can resolve the issue from their end, then your email (that is stuck) in the Outbox will be sent to your recipient. Finally, the mail in the Outbox will also vanish.
- Step 4: Since the emergence of the Outbox is just a temporary situation, you need not bother much. If you wait patiently, the problem gets sorted out by itself. If you are ready to wait and watch for a while and see if the issue gets resolved, you don’t even have to contact your Email Service Provider or your Internet Service Provider.
- Step 5: Using these steps we can execute how to fix mail stuck in outbox Mac.