If you have configured your iCloud account using the wrong server credentials, you may face this type of issue. You can consider the steps that are given below to fix the Outlook cannot connect to iCloud Mail issue.
- Step 1 : First, check whether your computer meets the iCloud system requirements.
- Step 2 : Sign out of iCloud and log in again.
- Step 3 : Now, verify whether you can access your email account.
- Step 4 : You can also download iCloud for Windows to use your accounton a Windows computer.
- Step 5 : Make sure to enter the Apple ID to log in. If you have set up two-factor authentication, enter the verification code received on your mobile number to sign in to Outlook.
- Step 6 : Navigate to the System Status page to check if it is an iCloud Mail, Contacts, or Calendars issue.
- Step 7 : Check the date and time on the system tray. If it is set wrong, correct it.
- Step 8 : Now, check whether the Outlook cannot connect to iCloud Mail issue is resolved.
Fixing Internet Connection:
- Step 1 : If the issue persists, ensure that you have a fast Internet connection to access your iCloud account.
- Step 2 : To check your Internet connection, launch your browser and accessa secure website. If you see the ‘connection timed out’ message, you have to contact your Internet service provider to fix the connection.
- Step 3 : Click Refresh in Outlook and check whether you are able to access your emails.
- Step 4 : If the installed Outlook version is not supported to use iCloud, uninstall the existing version, and download a new Office version from the Windows store.
- Step 5 : Reboot your computer and restart Outlook. Log in to your iCloud account again to fix the Outlook cannot connect to iCloud Mail issue.
Setting iCloud Account As The Default One:
- Step 1 : Open Outlook and click the File Select Account Settings .
- Step 2 : Again, click Account Settings under the Info
- Step 3 : Select your iCloud account from the displayed list and then click Set as Default .
Verify The Server Settings:
If you have followed all the above procedures and still if the Outlook cannot connect to iCloud Mail issue persists, then the issue might have occurred due to wrong server details. You can check the Outlook incoming server settings, whether it matches with the details given below.
- Step 1 : If you have chosen IMAP as the incoming server, the server name is mail.me.com.
- Step 2 : Select Yes in the SSL required section and then enter the port number as
- Step 3 : The outgoing mail server settings are required to send your emails.
- Step 4 : The SMTP server address is mail.me.com .
- Step 5 : Choose Yes in the SSL required section. The port number is 587 .
- Step 6 : When prompted for SMTP authentication, select
- Step 7 : Enter your full iCloud email address in the Username section and type your password.
- Step 8 : If you get an error while using an SSL connection, try using TLS to fix the issue. The SMTP port number is 465 .
- Step 9 : Now, the Outlook cannot connect to iCloud Mail issue will be fixed.