If you are new to configuring the email account on email clients, then this is for you. IMAP and POP are the incoming mail servers, whereas SMTP is the outgoing mail server.
The incoming mail server settings for Outlook.com are as follows:
- Incoming mail server address (IMAP): imap-mail.outlook.com
- Incoming mail server address (POP): pop-mail.outlook.com
- Incoming mail server port (IMAP): 993
- Incoming mail server port (POP): 995
The outgoing mail server settings for Outlook.com are as follows:
- Outgoing mail server address (SMTP): smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Outgoing mail server port: 587
Now, let us see the steps to manually configure the Outlook.com email account on the Outlook 2016 email client using the Outlook incoming mail server setting.
- Step 1:Launch the Outlook 2016 email client on your computer.
- Step 2:Make sure your computer is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Step 3:Now, on the Outlook interface, click the File menu followed by the Info menu.
- Step 4:Click the Add Account option in the main window.
- Step 5:You will now see the Welcome to Outlook window.
- Step 6:Enter your email address in the provided field and click the Advanced options link below the email field.
- Step 7:Click the checkbox beside the Let me set up my account manually option.
- Step 8:Click the Connect button.
- Step 9:In the next window, you have to choose your account type. To set up the account manually, you have to choose either IMAP or POP.
- Step 10:In the following window, enter the incoming and outgoing server details of your IMAP account. Note: For the server settings, refer to the section above.
- Step 11:After entering the server details, click the Next button.
- Step 12:Enter your account password when prompted and then click the Connect button.
- Step 13:Now, your email account will be configured in Outlook incoming mail server settings.