There are three sections available in the POP or IMAP account settings window. You need to fill in the correct information required for configuring the Planet.nl mail settings for Outlook.
- Step 1: At first, you need to type your user name and email address under the User Information section. Under the Server Information section, select the account type as IMAP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Enter pop.planet.nl as the Incoming mail server and mail.planet.nl as the Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Step 3: Under the Logon Information section, you can type the username and password in the respective fields. As your username and password are case-sensitive, ensure that the CapsLock key on your keyboard is disabled. You need to type in a unique and strong password.
- Step 4: After filling in the details mentioned above, you can click the More Settings tab at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Step 5: The Internet E-mail Settings window opens now.
- Step 6: Now, type the port numbers in the Internet E-mail settings window.
Continue reading the below steps to know more on configuring planet.nl mail settings.
Port numbers for your Planet.nl mail:
- Step 1: Click the Advanced tab at the top. From there, type the port number as 110 in the Incoming server field.
- Step 2: Enter 25 as the server port number in the Outgoing server field.
- Step 3: Later, click the Outgoing server tab. From there, select the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Step 4: Now, select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button. When finished, click OK.
- Step 5: Select the Test Account Settings tab in the Add account window (POP and IMAP Account Settings). By clicking this tab, Microsoft Outlook will test the account settings. If you’ve selected the Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked checkbox, click Next.
- Step 6: Microsoft Outlook starts to test the details that you’ve entered. You’ll see an updated message stating that your task is completed. Now, click Close.
- Step 7: Finally, click Finish.
Now, you’ve seen how to configure the Planet.nl mail settings for your Outlook account. CALL our trch experts and get instant assistance.