Just as with any email service, you can expect problems to pop up while using the ProtonMail app. On this page, we shall see how to resolve some of the common ProtonMail app issues.
Fixing common issues:
If you are encountering any problems with your ProtonMail app, try the following troubleshooting techniques:
- Step 1: First, try logging out of the app. Next, log back in. This debugging tip has worked wonders for many of the app users.
- Step 2: Close the app and then open it again. This is also a wise technique you can use to resolve issues with the ProtonMail app.
- Step 3: If you find that the problem(s) persist, attempt to clear the local data cache. You can perform this task easily via the Settings page on the app.
- Step 4: In case the above techniques fail to work, uninstall the app and then re-install it.
- Step 5: If issues persist, try using the report bug feature in the app. This step should fix the ProtonMail app issues you are facing.
Now, let’s look into some login issues that users usually come across while using ProtonMail.
Fixing Login Issues:
- Step 1: If you are particularly facing login issues with ProtonMail, make use of the following tips and techniques to resolve them
- Step 2: NOTE: The following methods can be used if you are logging into ProtonMail through a web browser.
Update Your Browser Or Change It:
In case you are facing login issues on your current browser, try updating it to the latest version. If this step fails to work, make use of a different browser and check if the ProtonMail login issues are resolved.
Clearing Browser Cache
On some occasions, the problems are caused if your browser cache is corrupted. To solve this problem, try clearing your browser cache. Next, restart the browser. The login problems should get fixed now.
Not Receiving Push Notifications On Android And Ios Devices:
- Step 1: The push notifications for your Android and iOS devices will be sent each time you get a new email in your Mailbox. If you are not receiving such notifications, check if you have enabled the option to allow such messages on your device. If you haven’t, you need to enable the option now. This step should help fix the issue.
- Step 2: You have now successfully resolved some of the common ProtonMail app issues.