Some of the benefits you can have when it comes to QuickBooks email are:
- Step 1:It offers a direct email invoice with the email setup. You can also set payment reminders to customers through emails.
- Step 2:It allows the user to fetch data from vendors and customers alike.
- Step 3:Users can import data from spreadsheets with up to 2MB attachments.
- Step 4:It is easy to share reports within offices and departments with QuickBooks emailing.
Emailing through QuickBooks as a user can save a lot of time and effort considering the features QuickBooks offers. There have been queries regarding Quickbooks email setup Gmail as it is quite tough to do it. Keeping that in mind, we will describe how to complete the QuickBooks email setup for Gmail.In this QuickBooks article, we will be discussing the step-by-step setup for Gmail in the QuickBooks desktop application.
Before we proceed to the setup, let us have a look at the three options QuickBooks offers:
- Step 1:Outlook: This is applicable if you have Microsoft Outlook installed already. Microsoft Outlook is a preferred email client, and it is more effective.
- Step 1:QuickBooks Email: It is an in-build function, and it is commonly preferred by users.
- Step 1:Webmail: The webmail feature was launched in 2011 to act as a bridge with Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
INFORMATION REQUIRED STARTING AND COMPLETING THE GMAIL EMAIL SETUP
For setting up Quickbooks email setup Gmail, you will need the following (Mandatory):
- Step 1:The Username
- Step 2:The Password
- Step 3:Outgoing email server address for Gmail
- Step 4:Incoming email server address for Gmail
- Step 5:Incoming email server type (IMAP or POP)
The Gmail SMTP settings are:
- Step 1:Username: Your Gmail address
- Step 2:SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Step 3:SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- Step 4:Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
- Step 5:SMTP port (SSL): 465
- Step 6:SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
Here are the steps for QuickBooks email setup for Gmail
- Step 1:Open the QuickBooks application on your computer.
- Step 2:Click the Edit menu.
- Step 3:Select the Preferences option.
- Step 4:When the Preferences window opens, scroll down the left pane and select the Send Forms option.
- Step 5:Under the Send e-mail using: section, click the Web Mail radio button.
- Step 6:Click the Add button.
- Step 7:Type the email address of your Gmail account you want to set up with QuickBooks.
- Step 8:Click the SSL Security checkbox.
- Step 9:Enter the SMTP server information and Port number, click the OK button.
Follow the steps as mentioned in this QuickBooks article, and you can complete the Quickbooks email setup Gmail.