Setting Up Protonmail On Windows 10
To ensure secure communication, ProtonMail encrypts all the emails that are communicated over its server. Like many other well-known email services, ProtonMail is easily accessible and protects your emails from third-party access. This page explains the steps involved in setting up ProtonMail on Windows 10.
To use ProtonMail on your computer, you need to install the ProtonMail Bridge application. After installing it, you can add your account. Finally, configure your ProtonMail email account in any email client o your Windows 10 computer.
Download and install ProtonMail Bridge
- Step 1 : Visit theofficial ProtonMail Bridge
- Step 2 : Locate the Bridge application that is compatible with Windows 10.
- Step 3 : Click the Download button below the Bridge for Windows
- Step 4 : Once the bridge application’s installer file has been downloaded, open it and perform the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
Adding your account to ProtonMail Bridge
The next step in setting up ProtonMail on Windows 10 is to add your email account to ProtonMail Bridge. Carry out the steps given below in the same order.
- Step 1 : Launch the ProtonMail Bridge applicationon your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 2 : Click the Add Account option available at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3 : On the Login screen, enter your ProtonMail account’s username and click
- Step 4 : In the next window, enter your ProtonMail account’s password and click
- Step 5 : Now, your account will be addedto the ProtonMail service.
- Step 6 : If you wish to access the Bridge credentials of your account, then click Mailbox configuration.
- Step 7 : To add each account to the client separately, click the Switch to split addresses mode
- Step 8 : Click the Yes Note down the credentials displayed on the screen for future use.
- Step 9 : To sign out of the ProtonMail account, click the Log out option displayed on the screen.
The final step in settings up ProtonMail on Windows 10 is configuring your email account in your email client.
Configuring ProtonMail in Outlook 2016
- Step 1 : Go to the Account Information screen inOutlook 2016.
- Step 2 : Click Add Account.
- Step 3 : Enter your ProtonMail email address in the given field.
- Step 4 : Select the Advanced options from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5 : Choose the Let me set up my account manually option and click
- Step 6 : When prompted, choose the account type. Thenenter your account’s IMAP and SMTP details.
- Step 7 : Enterthe server password in the given field.
- Step 8 : After configuring your account inOutlook 2016 on your Windows 10 computer, send a test mail.
You have successfully completed the steps involved in setting up ProtonMail on Windows 10.