When you turn on your Mac device, does the Mac Mail window opens up on the screen? Then you are also facing the same annoying problem the other Mac users are facing. The interruption of the Mail pop-up can be disturbing. The reason behind the problem can be the default application settings on the system. Read more to learn how to stop Mail popping up on Mac.
Solution-1: Change the Mail app settings
- Step 1:Select the Apple menu on the dock and then click System Preferences.
- Step 2:In the System Preferences window, double-click the Users & Groups option.
- Step 13:Now, click the Login Items button in the Users & Groups window.
- Step 4:Following that, you can view the list of applications that boot when you start the device.
- Step 5:If you find the Mail app in the list, select it and click the ‘minus’ symbol at the lower-left corner of the pane to stop mail popping up on Mac.
Solution-2: Close app completely
- Step 1:Even if you close the window of the application, sometimes the app runs in the background.
- Step 2:To fix this, go to the System Preferences window and click the General menu.
- Step 3:In the General window that shows up, tick the checkbox of Close windows when quitting an app.
Solution-3: Turn off the Power Nap
- Step 1:The Power Nap on the Mac system enables the system to perform essential activities even when the computer is in the sleep mode.
- Step 2:If this is the case, follow the path, Apple > System Preferences > Energy Saver , on the Mac system.
- Step 3:In the Energy Saver window, untick the checkbox Enable Power Nap to stop mail popping up on Mac.
- Step 4:Once the Power Nap is disabled, the OS stops communicating with the Mail app while in sleep mode.
Solution-4: Start the system in Safe mode
- Step 1:Shutdown the Mac system. Now turn it on and hold the Shift key while it is turning on, to enter the Safe mode.
- Step 2:When the system login screen appears, release the Shift key.
- Step 3:Once the dock screen shows up, wait and see if the Mac Mail window pops up.
- Step 4:If it does not, then restart the computer this time normally.
Solutions-5: Quit the app
- Step 1:Press the Command, Option, and Esc keys together to open the Force Quit utility on screen.
- Step 2:Find the Mail app, select it, and click Quit.
- Step 3:After that to stop mail popping up on Mac, restart the Mac computer.