Solutions for the problem:
Verify the Privacy settings
- Step 1: Click the Start icon on the desktop and then select the Settings icon.
- Step 2: When the Settings window opens up, click the Privacy menu and select Calendar in the left navigation panel.
- Step 3: Enable the calendar access on the right panel and select the Mail app under Choose apps that can access calendar.
- Step 4: After the settings are done, restart the computer and check if the app is working.
Check the mail settings
- Step 1: Launch the Mail app on the Windows system and click the Settings icon.
- Step 2: Under Settings, choose the Manage Accounts menu and then select the mail account name.
- Step 3: When the Account settings show up, click the Change mailbox sync settings link.
- Step 4: Go to the sync settings section and turn on the Email below Sync options.
Update the system software
- Step 1: After you open the Settings window on the desktop, click the Update & Security menu.
- Step 2: Under Windows Update, select the Check the updates button to see if any updates are available.
- Step 3: If the updates are present, install them, and there are no updates, then the software is already up-to-date.
Disable the sync settings
- Step 1: If the Windows Mail app crashes, then close the window and launch the Settings window.
- Step 2: In the Settings window, go to the Accounts menu and then select the Sync your settings menu from the left pane.
- Step 3: Next, turn off the Sync settings and restart the Windows computer.
- Step 4: Once the problem Windows 10 mail app not working is fixed, you can turn on the Sync settings again.