Windows Live Mail contains certain tools for blocking or permitting emails from specific senders and domains. The Blocked Senders list in your Windows Live Mail will allow you to add people whose emails you don’t want not to get into your Inbox.
So, how to add email addresses to your Blocked Senders list?
There are two methods using which you can add an email address to your Windows live mail blocked senders list:
- Step 1:In case you have an email message from that specific sender in your Inbox, right-click on the email. Then, choose the Junk email submenu.
- Step 2:Now, click the Add sender to blocked sender list option.
- Step 3:Now, you can find the following confirmation message on your screen:
The sender of the selected message has been added to your Windows live mail blocked senders list and the message has been moved to the Junk email folder
- Step 1:When you see the Don’t show me this again option with a checkbox, click the OK button to dismiss it.
- Step 1:You can access the blocked list directly to add an email address manually. To achieve the same, go to the upper-left corner of your main window and click the Windows Live Mail button.
- Step 2:Now, select Options and then choose Safety Options. The Safety Options dialog box will now appear on your screen.
- Step 3:In the dialog box, click the Blocked Senders tab for viewing the blocked senders’ list.
- Step 4:You will now see a list in alphabetical order. This list will contain all the addresses and domains that are currently blocked.
- Step 5:If you wish to block emails from a new person, click the Add button.
- Step 6:Type the full form of the email address that you wish to block.
- Step 7:Click the OK button.
The manual method explained above is the only one available to block senders in Windows live mail blocked senders list, if you do not have an email message from them in your inbox.