Windows Live Mail is a default email client for the Windows Vista OS. Microsoft has stopped the Windows Live Mail application. Still, some of the old computers are using it. You can export and import email messages from one email account to another in order to access the emails from some other account. Read the below steps for Windows live mail import messages.
- Step 1:Export the messages from the other email account, save it on your computer, and launch Windows Live Mail.
- Step 2:Now, click the Tools icon at the upper left corner and then select Import messages from the given options.
- Step 3:Select the email application from which you are importing emails and click Next.
- Step 4:Following that, browse the location where you have stored the emails and click the Next button.
- Step 5:Choose the folders you want to import to the Windows Live Mail account or select All folders.
- Step 6:Wait for the messages to get imported and then select the Finish button.
- Step 7:After that for Windows live mail import messages, open the Windows Live Mail account and check for the Imported Folder under Storage folders.
- Step 8:If you cannot find the Storage folders, click the View tab at the top and tick the Storage folders menu.
If you are trying to export the Windows Live Mail messages to some other email application, consider the below procedure.
- Step 1:On the desktop, create a folder and give a name to it.
- Step 2:Open the Windows Live Mail app, click the Tools icon, and select Export email.
- Step 3:Next, choose Email messages to export emails.
- Step 4:Select the email application (format) to which you are exporting the messages.
- Step 5:Browse the folder you have created on the desktop and click OK followed by Next.
- Step 6:Select the folders from which you want to export the messages. If not, you can select All Folders to export all the messages from your email account.
- Step 7:Click Finish, once the Windows live mail import messages to the folder done successfully.