Most of the users have encountered duplicate e-mail issues while accessing their accounts on mail clients such as Windows Live Mail, Outlook , etc. This issue is generally caused due to stuck e-mails present on the client.
To solve this Windows live mail receiving duplicate e-mails issue, try some of the possible troubleshooting methods discussed below.
Remove and re-add your e-mail account on Windows Live Mail
Removing the e-mail account from Windows Live Mail
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, open the Accounts dialog box.
- Step 2:Now, click the File menu followed by Options.
- Step 3:Select the E-mail accounts option.
- Step 4:Now on resolving Windows live mail receiving duplicate e-mails issue, a dialog box displaying an e-mail account configured with Windows Live Mail will open.
- Step 5:Select the e-mail account from the list.
- Step 6:Then, click the Remove button.
Re-configuring the removed e-mail account on Windows Live Mail
- Step 1:Open the Windows Live Mail application on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:Select the Options menu followed by the E-mail accounts option.
- Step 3:Now, the Accounts dialog box will open.
- Step 4:Click the Add button. Now, click the E-mail Account option.
- Step 5:Now, you will be prompted to enter your e-mail account credentials.
- Step 6:After entering the account credentials correctly, enable the Make this my default e-mail account option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 7:Now, check if any duplicate e-mail is displayed on Windows Live Mail.
- Step 8:If required, delete all emails.
- Step 9:Change the e-mail account password if the Windows live mail receiving duplicate e-mails issues persists. On the Windows Live Mail application, click the Accounts tab.
- Step 10:Select the Properties option.
- Step 11:In the Properties dialog box, click the Server tab.
- Step 12:Now, navigate to the Mail Server section.
- Step 13:Then, enter your e-mail account address followed by its password.
- Step 14:Make sure to enable the Remember Password option before entering the new password.
- Step 15:After creating a new password, click the OK button.
- Step 16:If the Windows Live Mail application receiving duplicate e-mails issue persists, then check your computer’s time.
- Step 17:If it is set incorrectly, then there is a chance for this Windows live mail receiving duplicate e-mails issue to occur.
- Step 18:To set your Windows computer’s time correctly, follow the instructions given below.
- Step 19:Open the Run command window on your Windows computer.
- Step 20:Type the timedate.cpl command in the Run window.
- Step 21:Tap the Enter button.
- Step 22:Click the Change time and date option.
- Step 23:From the drop-down menu, select the time zone and click the OK button followed by Apply.
- Step 24:Now, restart the Windows Live Mail application on your Windows computer and check if this Windows live mail receiving duplicate e-mails issue is resolved.