Yahoo Mail is one of the popular email services in the world. The Yahoo mail server connection failure is one of the common errors faced by the users of Yahoo Mail. It occurs when you try to connect to the mail servers. The causes of the error can be incorrect server settings, security programs of the system, and outdated software. Read more to fix the Yahoo mail connection to server failed issue in Yahoo Mail.
Check The Server Settings
- Step 1: If you are accessing the Yahoo mail account on a third-party email client application, verify the server settings.
- Step 2: Open the Account Settings of the Yahoo mail account and go to the advanced settings.
- Step 3: Check your server settings with the given server settings.
- Step 1: IMAP server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Step 2: Port number: 993
- Step 3: Encryption type: SSL
- Step 1: SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Step 2: Port number: 465/587
- Step 3: Encryption type: SSL/TLS
- Step 4: If there are any changes in the server configuration, then make them and save the settings.
Remove And Re-add The Account
- Step 1: Launch the email client to which you have added the Yahoo email account.
- Step 2: Remove or delete the email account completely and close the application.
- Step 3: Restart the application later and add the Yahoo mail account again.
- Step 4: Now, open the email and check if the Yahoo mail connection to server failed issue has been resolved.
Turn Off The Security Programs
- Step 1: The security applications and settings of the system, like firewalls, antivirus tools, or antimalware software can stop or block the ports used to connect to the email servers.
- Step 2: Go to the firewall settings of the computer and disable it.
- Step 3: Turn off the antivirus program or completely remove it from the system.
- Step 4: After connecting to the mail server, again turn on the security programs on the computer to ensure Yahoo mail connection to server failed issue is fixed.