Step 1 - Internet connection
- Step 1:First, check for an internet onnection.
- Step 2:You need to have a stable internet while sending and receiving emails.
- Step 3:You can check the status of the internet connection by locating the Wi-Fi icon on the computer screen. If this icon has not appeared, go to the System Preferences window and click the Network option.
- Step 4:If the Wi-Fi is not turned on, click it and select the Turn Wi-Fi On option.
- Step 5:If you cannot access the internet connection even when the Wi-Fi icon is turned on, restart your modem and troubleshoot the network issue.
- Step 6:Restart your Mac computer and check if the Yahoo Mail not working problem has been resolved.
- Step 7:If not, proceed with the following steps until the Yahoo mail not working on Mac problem is resolved.
Step 2 - Access the Yahoo Mail account from a web browser
- Step 1:Sometimes, the problem is due to the Mac Mail application.
- Step 2:So, check if you can access the Yahoo Mail account from other platforms like a web browser.
- Step 3:Start the default web browser on the Mac computer, visit the login page, and provide the Yahoo Mail account’s email address and password in the appropriate fields.
- Step 4:Try to send a test email.
Step 3 - Viruses and malware:
- Step 1:Some of the malicious software might attack your web browser and other applications like Mac Mail.
- Step 2:You need to remove the suspicious software from the Mac computer. You can make use of a suitable antivirus program to detect and remove viruses and malware.
Step 4 - Mac Update
- Step 1:Navigate to the Software Update dialog box and then click the Update option.
- Step 2:This will update the OS of Mac to the latest version.
- Step 3:Make sure to select the ‘Automatically keep my Mac up to date’ option to avoid such Yahoo mail not working on Mac problem.
- Step 4:After updating, restart the Mac computer.
Step 5 - Read the Yahoo Mail account:
- Step 1:Remove the Yahoo Mail account from the Mac Mail application and then add it again as per the guidelines mentioned below.
- Step 2:Go to the Mac Mail application, navigate to the Mail tab, and choose the Preferences option.
- Step 3:When the Accounts dialog window opens, click the Accounts tab and click the Add or plus icon.
- Step 4:Select the radio button next to the Yahoo email service and click the Continue option.
- Step 5:Fill the Full Name, Email Address, and Password fields and then select the Next option in the ‘Add a Mail Account’ window to solve Yahoo mail not working on Mac issue.
- Step 6:Provide your incoming and outgoing server details and click the Create option. Server settings for Yahoo are:
- Step 7:Incoming Mail Server - pop.mail.yahoo.con (POP3) or imap.mail.yahoo.com (IMAP)
- Step 8:Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Step 9:Incoming Port - 995 (POP3) or 993 (IMAP)
- Step 10:Outgoing Port - 465 or 587
- Step 11:This will add the Yahoo Mail account to the Mac Mail application.
Step 6 - Email account online:
- Step 1:On the Mac Mail application, go to the Mailbox tab and select the Take All Accounts Online option.
- Step 2:Return to the Mailbox tab and then choose the Get All New Mail Online option.
Step 7 - Relaunch the Mail application:
- Step 1:Hold the Command and Q keys at the same time on the keyboard to quit the Mac Mail application.
- Step 2:Launch the Mac Mail application again by double-clicking its icon.
You can get assistance from our support member in resolving the Yahoo mail not working on Mac problem by just clicking the Call button.